Industrial Fire Suppression System Inspections Throughout Michigan
To ensure effective operation during an emergency, your industrial fire suppression system should be regularly inspected and maintained by a licensed professional. The fire suppression experts at Fire Pros can provide a full range of services for industrial fire suppression systems, including fire suppression system installation, inspections, maintenance, and repairs. Our team is licensed and certified, and we can assist with all of your fire protection needs throughout Michigan.
If you’d like to learn more about our industrial fire suppression system inspections throughout Michigan, contact Fire Pros at 866-560-6872.
Industrial Suppression System Inspections
Regular inspections ensure that the industrial suppression system is ready for an emergency. If there are any issues with your system, our technicians can help to quickly remedy the problem. When one of our experienced fire suppression professionals inspects your system, they will:
- Visually inspect conduit and location of all system discharge nozzles
- Inspect link line and position of detectors
- Inspect the automatic actuation of the fire system by cutting a terminal test link
- Test the remote pull station
- Verify exhaust fan shuts off when the system is activated
- Replace fusible links and center link housings
- Verify gauge on pressurized tanks
- Examine hydro test dates on all cylinders
- Verify regulator test dates
- Replace system cartridges when required by manufacturer (for an additional charge)
- Check nozzles to insure they are not clogged – clean if necessary and replace nozzle caps
- Test all electrical interlocks (electric shut-offs and fan interlock requirements vary by the local authority having jurisdiction)
- Inspect the piping and copper tubing for tightness – where applicable
- Inspect the system for any deficiencies
Inspecting the complete system piping and blowing pressured gas throughout the piping is not part of a standard inspection. NFPA recommends this one time per year.
Why should I have my fire suppression system inspected?
Regular inspection of your fire suppression system helps to keep your facility up to code and may also be required by your insurance provider. You should have your fire system inspected by an experienced professional who’s familiar with the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and Underwriters Laboratory (UL), as well as all federal, state, and local codes.
How often should I have my suppression system inspected?
Semi-annual inspections will help keep your facility up to code and satisfy some insurance requirements. Call the experts at Fire Pros. Contact us at 866-560-6872 today.
What types of businesses have industrial fire suppression equipment?
- Collision repair/body shops
- Manufacturing facilities
- Pulp and paper mills
- Chemical plants
- Medical facilities
- Power plants
- Oil and gas plants
- Fuel storage facilities
- Spray and paint booths
- Flammable storage (such as paint/solvents)
- Dust collectors
Call 866-560-6872 or contact us online to schedule an inspection.
and a Fire Pros representative
will contact you within 24 hours.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here