Exit & Emergency Lighting Repair
Exit and emergency lighting are essential for fire safety in your business, facility, school, or apartment complex.
Such systems may not contribute to dousing the blaze, but they help maintain order and enable safe movement during an evacuation by pointing people in the right direction. They also provide backup illumination to prevent panic if the overhead lights go out.
At Fire Pros, we provide comprehensive exit and emergency lighting services. Our goal is to always have your exit signs and emergency lights operational to help everyone exit the building during a fire.
If your exit and emergency lighting fail, turn to Fire Pros for the repairs you need. We provide the following services:
- Lightbulb replacement: Let our team tackle this task, so you don’t risk hurting yourself trying to access an out-of-reach exit sign or egress light.
- Battery replacement: When backup batteries no longer hold a charge, it’s necessary to replace them.
- New signage and lighting installation: We can determine the most strategic placement based on current building codes if your signs need to be updated or repositioned, and install them.
Signs You Need Exit & Emergency Lighting Repair
Because your emergency backup lights don’t get used often, it can be difficult to tell when they need a repair. Here are some signs to look for that indicate your hardware needs attention:
- Visible damage: Don’t overlook cracked or peeling casings, loose mounting screws, or signs of vandalism.
- Burned-out bulbs: Dim, flickering, or completely burned-out exit signs and emergency lights should be replaced immediately.
- Bad wiring or defective batteries: Emergency lights only come on when the power goes out, so you may not know if the wiring is bad or the battery is defective unless you inspect the system regularly.
- Problems uncovered during emergency lighting inspections: Your technician will alert you of any code violations discovered during an inspection so you can take the necessary steps to correct them.
As a business owner, you’re responsible for scheduling regular inspections, testing, and maintenance for your exit and emergency lighting. Fire Pros carefully adheres to federal regulations and local building requirements to keep your business code compliant.
Contact Fire Pros To Schedule Exit & Emergency Lighting Repair
As a leading fire protection company based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the Fire Pros team is well-qualified to inspect and repair your exit and emergency lighting system.
We can answer any questions you have to help determine if you could benefit from our other fire protection services. Your safety and peace of mind are our top priorities, and we promise our installation, inspection, and repair work will help keep your building fire-safe.
Call (800) 968-2871 or contact us online to request a quote for exit and emergency lighting repair throughout West Michigan.
and a Fire Pros representative
will contact you within 24 hours.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here