What Should I Do If My Building’s Fire Alarm Is Making Noise?
Fire alarms can make a lot of noise beyond their alarm sound. While these noises often indicate that something needs attention, they can sometimes persist without reason. This can quickly become a nuisance if you are unable to figure out why your alarm won’t stop making noise. Here are some common causes of non-alarm-related noises and what you can do to fix them.
If you need assistance with your fire alarm systems, don’t hesitate to contact Fire Pros. We can install, repair, or replace your alarms to keep you safe. Call us at (800) 968-2871 or fill out the contact form now.
My Fire Alarm Won’t Stop Going Off
If your alarm is continuously sounding without smoke or fire being present, there are a few possible reasons it is falsely on alarm mode.
- The sensing chamber may be dirty
- The alarm’s power source was interrupted
- The battery could be loose
- Humidity and other environmental factors might be confusing the alarm
- The alarm may be at the end of its life
You should always make sure that the alarm is in fact false before addressing any of these causes. You should then remove the alarm’s power source and clean the unit before restoring power.
My Alarm is Chirping or Beeping
Alarm chirping or beeping is often a result of power issues. Alarms are programmed to beep at a regular interval to indicate that their batteries are low, but if the noises seem more random, here are some reasons why that might be:
- Check the battery: Your battery slot could be loose or open, or the battery itself could be low. Check that the battery pull-tab has been removed so that the device is receiving power. The battery could also be obstructed by debris. Test the battery’s level by hitting RESET. If that doesn’t help, try a new battery.
- Clean the alarm: Dust and debris can build up and cause your alarm to chirp. Clean the alarm cover and make sure the sensor chamber is clean. If you find that the room the alarm is in is particularly dusty, install an ionization alarm so that the unit is unaffected by the dust.
- Replace the alarm: If all of the above fails, it may be time to replace your fire alarm. Fortunately, they are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. Fire Pros will find an alarm to fit your fire protection and get you set up as quickly as possible.
Commercial Fire Alarm Services with Fire Pros
Located in Michigan and want to learn more? Call us today to speak with one of our experienced fire safety professionals and discover why top names in business and government consistently recommend Fire Pros for their fire alarm services. Whether you need installation, repair, or replacement, we’re the fire protection team for your every need.
Contact us online or by phone at 800-968-2871 to schedule an appointment.Category: Fire Alarms