Fire Alarm System Inspections in Michigan
Because of its ability to save lives in an emergency, your fire alarm system is one of the most important fire protection components on your property. After all, a blaze may break out on the other side of the building, but thanks to alarm bells and strobe lights, people are alerted to the danger long before they see flames or smell smoke.
Your fire alarm must be working properly at all times if you hope to ensure a positive outcome in an emergency. The only way to know for sure is by inspecting your fire alarm regularly. If your business is located in Michigan, Fire Pros can perform this service for you.
For fire alarm inspections in Grand Rapids or the surrounding areas, please contact us today.
Fire Alarm Inspection Process
Many components make up your fire alarm, including smoke detectors, heat detectors, alarms, pull stations, control circuits, communications, and more. Multi-point inspections aim to ensure these parts work together flawlessly to perform as intended if a fire breaks out. Here’s what a fire alarm inspection from Fire Pros entails:
- Test the control panel
- Check smoke detector placement, operation, and responsiveness
- Test heat and duct detectors
- Inspect horns, strobes, and other alarm devices
- Test manual pull stations
- Make sure the system reports open or short circuits correctly
- Load-test backup batteries
- Ensure proper operation of monitoring systems
- Test communications with the monitoring station
- And more
When to Schedule Fire Alarm Inspections
It’s beneficial to have someone on your staff who is familiar with fire alarm systems. With a little training, this person can learn to recognize when the system isn’t working right, how to reset it, and when to contact a fire protection company for help. This person can conduct visual inspections as needed monthly or quarterly, but you should hire Fire Pros to inspect your fire alarm professionally once a year. Then, plan to schedule repairs between inspections as needed.
Let our experts ensure your system will be working when you need it most! Contact Fire Pros at (800) 968-2871 to schedule a fire alarm inspection today.
Why Inspect Your Fire Alarm?
Keeping up with fire alarm inspections is important for several reasons:
- Remain code compliant: The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), state and local regulatory agencies, equipment manufacturers, and insurance companies require routine fire alarm inspections. You must keep your building up to code if you hope to avoid penalties and fines for non-compliance. Having a working fire alarm may also be necessary to secure insurance, and routine testing helps to ensure any claims you make go through.
- Prevent false alarms: When lights flash and sirens blare but there’s no fire, your business operations are needlessly disrupted. This is one of the most common problems of neglected fire alarm systems, which you can help avoid by conducting routine inspections.
- Keep your customers and employees safe: Most importantly of all, you can trust a regularly inspected fire alarm to perform as expected during an emergency. This knowledge gives you peace of mind to operate your business without fretting over what will happen if a fire occurs.
Fire Alarm Inspection Contracts
In addition to providing the services you need right when you need them, we also offer a convenient inspection contract. This is designed to keep your fire alarm up to code and functioning as intended at a low, predictable cost. Signing a contract with Fire Pros guarantees your business will remain safe and compliant—and you’ll never have to worry about remembering to schedule an inspection ever again!
Ready to get started? Contact Fire Pros at (800) 968-2871 to schedule a fire alarm inspection for your Michigan facility!
Choose Fire Pros for Fire Alarm Inspections in Michigan
A fully functional fire alarm system is crucial for every business. Fire safety system inspections let you know that your system is functioning the way it is designed. Failing to test your systems regularly creates a significant, potentially lethal gap in your fire alarm safety.
Contact Fire Pros at (800) 968-2871 to learn more about fire alarm system inspections. We will answer your questions and help you identify the most appropriate testing for your systems and facility requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Fire Alarm Inspections Required in Michigan?
Fire alarm inspections are required by NFPA-72, as well as the National Fire Alarm Signaling Code. Furthermore, many state and local ordinances require specific tests for systems within their jurisdiction. Most require quarterly and semiannual testing of fire alarm systems.
How Much Does a Fire Alarm Inspection Cost?
The cost of conducting a thorough fire alarm inspection depends on the size of the facility and the number of systems that require testing. The larger the facility and the greater the number of systems, the higher the cost. For a standard-sized facility, the cost typically runs less than $200.
How Long Does It Take to Inspect a Fire Alarm System in Michigan?
Most systems are relatively easy to test. As a general rule, it takes about five minutes per device. For many businesses, the entire system can be tested in less than an hour. However, many businesses also choose to conduct testing of fire suppression, emergency lighting, and other safety systems at the same time. While these additional tests will increase the amount of time it takes to test the fire alarm system, this is an efficient option that can help streamline the testing process and ensure reliable protection in the event of a fire.
Does Testing Disrupt Business?
We structure our testing services to create as little disruption to your business as possible. Our team will work with you to schedule the testing for the most convenient time in order to minimize inconvenience to employees, customers, patients, etc.
and a Fire Pros representative
will contact you within 24 hours.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here