Trainee: Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician (Training Provided!)
Fire Pros Fire Protection Services, LLC., has been an industry leader for fire protection services in the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC area for over 30 years. We are based in Rockville, MD and has an excellent team of nearly 100 employees who are responsible for the design, installation, and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, and kitchen hood/duct systems. We have an extensive customer base with over 10,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. Our company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation, and business acquisitions.
Join our team today—click the application button below to get started!
About the Opportunity
We are looking for hard working and hands-on individuals that want to learn a new trade in the fire protection industry. The fire protection industry is always in high demand and can be a long term career that can provide income in excess of $60,000+ per year in salary and potential bonuses with training, certification and years of quality hard work.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and earn while you learn to become a licensed, certified Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician. This position will be trained on how to inspect, repair and possibly install fire suppression systems in restaurants. Once training has been completed, a take home vehicle will be provided as we service customers throughout the state.
- **Must have work history and experience with hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc**
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid drivers license with 3 or less points
- Must be able to work nights and weekends for emergency services.
- Must be willing to learn and study about the different kitchen fire systems, fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to pass tests and get certified.
- Must take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
- Must have an excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Must be able to write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
- Must be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed.
Job Duties (After Training)
- Inspecting and repairing pre-engineered restaurant fire suppression systems manufactured by ANSUL, Pyro Chem, RangeGuard, Kidde and Piranha.
- Thorough understanding of NFPA, manufacturer and local fire codes for restaurant fire suppression systems.
- Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems.
- Identifying NFPA code and non-conformance issues.
- Maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- After training is complete, a take home company vehicle
- Potential Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Company paid Life insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for health and dependent care
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
Please send resume in Microsoft Word format along with salary history and salary requirement to [email protected] Please reference “Kit Trainee” in the subject field.
Posted 1/2018 Valid Through 9/2018
*Fire Pros Fire Protection LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Fire Pros does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, creed, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, a Pre-employment drug screening, and driving record. No phone calls please.
and a Fire Pros representative
will contact you within 24 hours.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here