Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician – Paid Training Provided
About the Opportunity
Fire Pros LLC is looking for hard working and hands-on individuals that want to learn a new trade in the fire protection industry. The fire protection industry is always in high demand and can be a long-term career that can have the potential opportunity to provide income in excess of $60,000+ per year in salary and potential bonuses with training, certification and years of quality hard work.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and earn while you learn to become a licensed, certified Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician. This position will be trained on how to inspect, repair and possibly install fire suppression systems in restaurants.
Salary – per hour based on experience
- Potential quarterly bonuses
- Paid 3 hours at time and half rate for emergency service calls.
- Paid 3 hours at double time rate for emergency services calls on recognized holidays, in addition to 8 hours of holiday pay at the regular rate.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to (After Training):
- Inspecting and repairing pre-engineered restaurant fire suppression systems manufactured by ANSUL, Pyro Chem, RangeGuard, Kidde and Piranha.
- Thorough understanding of NFPA, manufacturer and local fire codes for restaurant fire suppression systems.
- Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems.
- Identifying NFPA code and non-conformance issues.
- Maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- **Must have work history and experience with hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc**
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with 3 or less points.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends for emergency services.
- Must be willing to learn and study about the different kitchen fire systems, fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to pass tests and get certified.
- Must take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
- Must have an excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Must be able to write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
- Must be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. and work overhead
- Potential Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability and Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation, driving record validation and Pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please.
*Fire Pros, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation**, driving record validation** and Pre-employment drug screening** required. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
The Fire Protection Service team would love to hear from you. Apply by filling out the form below.
Nicole - Logansport, IN
Deb - Detroit, MI
Alex is attentive to detail and advises me of any issues that he incurs.
Great service! Knowledgeable sevice tech!
Chris - Lowell, MI
Very professional and knowledgeable tech. Quick install and good price.
Griffith - Southfield, MI
Jared on time during the service process he explains what he is doing to educate you that’s a great quality to have. I would rate him A+.
He was very helpful, informative and friendly.
William - Sault Ste. Marie, MI
Konner - Grand Rapids, MI
A great experience and a exceptional crew! I appreciate the quick response and tech’s who came prepared to the job.
Great Service, great technician
Joe - Howell, MI
TJ is very professional, I personally enjoy working with and having him do repairs for my company!!!!!!!!!!
Dena - Hastings, MI
Great service, highly knowledgeable!
John - Mount Clemens, MI
Very Polite and Curtious
Juile - Ionia, MI
Well done once again.
Marilyn - Lowell, MI
Derek - Monroe, MI
Derek - Monroe, MI
Patty Rasmussen - Petoskey, MI
Great Job! Efficient professional and friendly
Knowledgeable and friendly
Hunter - Grand Haven, MI
Did great work. Was friendly, knew what he was doing and performed work quickly.
Excellent and efficient service
Ismael - Grand Rapids, MI
John is a complete professional. Conducts his work in an efficient manner.
Seemed informative, fair.
Dale Smith - Manistee, MI
I had a good opinion of what I saw., The people showed up on time as planned, were business like, very cordial, and got right to the job at hand both times. The questions I asked got satisfactory answers, The whole experience was a good one.
Quarterly Supression System Inspection
Jerry - Grand Rapids, MI
Gary is on time, professional and thorough. Never any issues.
Bob Gutherie - Holly, MI
Alex always does an excellent job
Eric - Greenville, MI
Deficiency: Telgard cell radio is a 3G and is in constant failure. Signal strength fluctuates from .5 to 2.5 bars continuously.This radio should be upgraded to 4G LTE as soon as possible. I have an outside wall about 15 feet from radio. Also need a 25 foot outdoor cable with outdoor rated antenna.
Monthly Fire Extinguisher Inspection
Emergency / Exit Lights and Portable Extinguishers Inspection
9/28/2020 - Appointment approve by Jerry for 9/28/2020 11am. Notice of Non Compliance and Repair Proposal Fire Pros, LLC recently inspected/serviced the kitchen suppression system at your establishment in accordance with local fire codes and NFPA guidelines. While inspecting/servicing your kitchen suppression system, it was determined to be "Non-Compliant" per local fire codes and manufacturers specifications. This proposal summarizes the non-compliance issues that were found during the inspection and the costs and actions needed to correct them. Fire Pros, LLC strongly recommends that your kitchen suppression system is repaired so that it will become compliant. The kitchen suppression system as-is will not work properly due to the deficiencies described below and will not properly extinguish, suppress or control a fire. This is a safety hazard and may contribute to damages and injuries to your property and individuals in the event of a fire. The Services To Be Performed section below
Completed Annual Fire Alarm inspection for 2020
Special Hazards Inspection
Portable Extinguishers Inspection
John (616-954-0500) called in- said panel is beeping and showing charging circuit failed- wants someone out to check - call to advise when we can be there.
Portable Extinguishers Inspection