Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician – Paid Training Provided
About the Opportunity
Fire Pros LLC is looking for hard working and hands-on individuals that want to learn a new trade in the fire protection industry. The fire protection industry is always in high demand and can be a long-term career that can have the potential opportunity to provide income in excess of $60,000+ per year in salary and potential bonuses with training, certification and years of quality hard work.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and earn while you learn to become a licensed, certified Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician. This position will be trained on how to inspect, repair and possibly install fire suppression systems in restaurants.
Salary – per hour based on experience
- Potential quarterly bonuses
- Paid 3 hours at time and half rate for emergency service calls.
- Paid 3 hours at double time rate for emergency services calls on recognized holidays, in addition to 8 hours of holiday pay at the regular rate.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to (After Training):
- Inspecting and repairing pre-engineered restaurant fire suppression systems manufactured by ANSUL, Pyro Chem, RangeGuard, Kidde and Piranha.
- Thorough understanding of NFPA, manufacturer and local fire codes for restaurant fire suppression systems.
- Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems.
- Identifying NFPA code and non-conformance issues.
- Maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- **Must have work history and experience with hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc**
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with 3 or less points.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends for emergency services.
- Must be willing to learn and study about the different kitchen fire systems, fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to pass tests and get certified.
- Must take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
- Must have an excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Must be able to write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
- Must be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. and work overhead
- Potential Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability and Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation, driving record validation and Pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please.
*Fire Pros, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation**, driving record validation** and Pre-employment drug screening** required. No phone calls please.
Click the button below and download the PDF. Once the PDF is completed, save it. Upload the PDF along with a resume and cover letter (optional) and submit the form or email to [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
The Fire Protection Service team would love to hear from you. Apply by filling out the form below.
Super easy, very professional
Ed - Waterford Township, MI
Show up hours before they should have.
Steve - Saline, MI
Jim Is great.
Joel - Hartland, MI
very good service, on time, efficient, accommodating!
Dale - Shelby Charter Township, MI
Appreciate Alex’s thoroughness. Easy to work with.
Great friendly service
Doug - Ravenna, MI
Sean was very professional & friendly
Gail - Grand Haven, MI
Prompt and friendly
Dave - Grandville, MI
Mary - Grand Rapids, MI
Very nice, knowledgeable, personable. Thank you. He's a good guy. Now that you call for appointments things are great. In the past you'd just show up and it was horrible. So thank you for calling first and setting an appt.
Rob - Kentwood, MI
Great guys to work with. Required minimal instruction.
the technician was very knowledgeable and helpful
Robert - Farmington, MI
keep up the good work your team is awesome.
Dena - Hastings, MI
Jennifer - Taylor, MI
Sean did an excellent inspection. He was thorough and efficient.
Cody - Kalamazoo, MI
The gentleman that came out was great, was able to get what we needed fixed. Very timely.
waited while I was on a phone call to explain an issue with my sprinkler heads
Diane - Charlotte, MI
Punctual , explained answers to my questions politely
Diane - Charlotte, MI
Alarm system check
RYAN - Benton Harbor, MI
They knew their stuff. Taught me above and beyond what they were expected to and they were friendly.
Annual Review - Pump Station
Ryan Pogotis - Benton Harbor, MI
They were able to get the work done. Showed me the system and how to test it. Independently problem solved. What more could you ask?
great service - he was early but it accomodated both of us
Janet - Dearborn, MI
Renee - Vicksburg, MI
Everything went really well and the tech was very friendly and professional
Shawna - Pinconning, MI
Very professional and thorough
Sprinkler Emergency Service Call
SD 2ND FLOOR: Div 3: AV circuit open, likely severed line in attic. Smoke detector missing, - repair This quote is for an alarm technician to have the time to trouble shoot the reason why there is an open on the horn strobe circuit ."Fix and repair when found " Also in this quote is for a replacement smoke detector and test.
Corrected Deficiency from recent inspection And Updated 2020 Report ***All Systems Normal and Reset ***
1/14 Requested by and confirmed with Nassar. Requests after lunch rush as usual. km Portable Extinguishers and Kitchen Suppression Inspection Annual Fire Extinguisher Inspection (2)ABC's (1)K-Class Semi-Annual Kitchen Suppression System Inspection PyroChem PCL-460 (2)500 links (3)360 links (9)Nozzles Deficiency: Number of Systems failed : 1 Deficiency: Number of Extinguishers Left at Job: 1 Deficiency for PCL 460 rear wall: Improper protection over grill. Deficiency for PCL 460 rear wall: Gyro machine not completely under hood and un protected. Deficiency for PCL 460 rear wall: Electric non fuel source on gyro does not de energize upon fire system actuation. Gyro is plugged in outside of hood with extension cord. Deficiency: K-Class fire extinguisher is out of hydro date.
***MUST HAVE PO ON JOB*** Annual Fire Extinguisher Inspection of 150 units ***MUST HAVE PO ON JOB*** Monthly Fire Extinguisher Inspection - 150 units
Completed Annual Fire Alarm inspection for 2021 (MS-10UD-7 Only)
Portable Extinguishers Inspection
Deficiency for SD AUDITORIUM CEILING LIGHTING MEZZ: Smoke alarm located above the cat-walk above the stage in auditorium mounted to the ceiling is damaged and, giving a no answer trouble on the Simplex FACP. Jim Hicks stated they have had a lot of roof work a lot of pounding right above there and there is water on stage floor within 1 to 2 feet of smoke detector. **I am unable to get to that smoke detector now for model number but, all other smoke detectors on this site are 4098-9714**
Mike to meet new maint supervisor and show panels, how to check, how to reset. Calling CMS etc. While onsite verify that signals are coming in properly- Dawn mentioned getting messages from CMS that they were not.
Annual Fire Alarm Inspection (20 Devices) (Edwards ESL 1500) (Edwards 1527)
1/18 Approved with Steve and head chef...you won't be able to start until after 12;00 Noon due to cooking km Kitchen Suppression Inspection Semi-annual Kitchen System Inspection