Kitchen Fire Suppression Technician – Experience Required
About the Opportunity
Fire Pros, LLC, is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to all of Michigan for over 30 years. Fire Pros is based in Grand Rapids, MI and has an excellent team of employees that are responsible for the installation and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers and kitchen hood/duct systems. Fire Pros has an extensive customer base with thousands of fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. The company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation and business acquisitions.
Salary – per hour based on experience
- Potential quarterly bonuses
- Paid 3 hours at time and half rate for emergency service calls.
- Paid 3 hours at double time rate for emergency services calls on recognized holidays, in addition to 8 hours of holiday pay at the regular rate.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting and repairing pre-engineered restaurant fire suppression systems manufactured by ANSUL, Pyro Chem, RangeGuard, Kidde and Piranha.
- Inspecting fire extinguishers and emergency/exit lights.
- Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire suppression systems and fire extinguishers.
- Identifying NFPA code and non-conformance issues.
- Maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- Perform fire marshal tests and inspections.
- Two or more years’ experience inspecting restaurant fire suppression systems preferred, but not required.
- Thorough understanding of NFPA, manufacturer and local fire codes for restaurant fire suppression systems preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A current and valid driver’s license with 3 or less points.
- Must take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
- Must have an excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- Must be able to communicate will with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be customer oriented.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs., work overhead, and work varied hours including on call.
- Must be able to work occasional nights, early morning and weekend shift when needed.
- Potential Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability and Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation, driving record validation and Pre-employment drug screening. No phone calls please.
Fire Pros LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Click the button below and download the pdf. Once the pdf is completed, save and email the form to [email protected]
and a Fire Pros representative
will contact you within 24 hours.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here