Fire Sprinkler Inspection
When was the last time your building had a fire sprinkler inspection? Fire sprinklers are a critically important part of every fire protection system, but they need annual inspection in order to ensure that they will be able to keep you protected at all times. Most jurisdictions in MD, VA, and DC require regular inspections of sprinkler systems to be performed to NFPA standards. If you want to schedule a fire sprinkler inspection in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, call Fire Pros Fire Protection today!
Fill out the form in the sidebar or call 800-968-2871 to schedule your appointment.
Annual Fire Sprinkler Inspections
The NFPA requires that you have annual fire sprinkler inspection in order to keep your building safe. In addition, you should have fire sprinkler inspection every time you:
- Add a backflow preventer or water meter to your building’s plumbing system
- Significantly change the occupancy, layout, or use of your building
- Face changes in public water supply, such as a water shortage
Fire Sprinkler Inspection Process
During your fire sprinkler inspection, our trained professionals will:
- Visually inspect for proper orientation, support, and clearance of all sprinkler heads and system piping that are readily viewable and accessible from the floor
- Perform main drain tests and record results to verify proper water volume and pressure is available for the sprinkler system
- Lubricate valves
- Check alarm and supervisory devices to make sure proper annunciation and notification is indicated, if connected to the building alarm system
- Test flow switches by flowing water from the inspectors test connection
- Test tamper switches by exercising the valve through the full range of motion and verifying that signals are received at the fire alarm control panel
- Check fire department connections for proper caps and being unobstructed
- Check system gauge calibration date and verify the water pressure is adequate
- Check for proper signage on valves
- Inspect spare head box for proper inventory of spare sprinkler heads and wrench
- Verify that all valves are in the proper position and sealed or supervised
- Verify signals are received at the central monitoring station, if the system is monitored
How to Keep Your Sprinkler Safe Between Inspections
Between fire sprinkler inspections, there are a number of things you can do on your own to keep your fire sprinkler safe:
- Never paint your fire sprinkler heads
- Never hang anything from your sprinkler heads
- Never stack anything within 18 inches of your sprinkler heads
- Always report damage to your fire sprinkler system to a certified fire protection company
- Always make sure your control valves are in the open position
If you own a building in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC and need fire sprinkler inspection, call Fire Pros Fire Protection today!
Call Fire Pros Fire Protection for Your Fire Sprinkler Inspection
Fire Pros Fire Protection has over 30 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for businesses, organizations, government buildings, and restaurants in the Washington, DC area. Our number one focus is your safety—we want to make sure your employees, property, and valuables are safe from the dangers of potential fires. We take pride in our “customer first” reputation and will do whatever it takes to make sure your property and valuables are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with Fire Pros Fire Protection is that we are your single source solution for all fire protection services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of fire protection, including:
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression
- Fire alarm systems
- Fire suppression systems
- Fire extinguishers
- Emergency lighting
- And more!
Located in Maryland, DC, or Virginia and want to learn more? Call us today to speak with one of our experienced fire safety professionals and discover why top names in business and government consistently recommend Fire Pros Fire Protection.
We provide fire protection services in:
Maryland: Adelphi, Annapolis, Aspen Hill, Baltimore, Beallsville, Beltsville, Bethesda, Bowie, Capitol Heights, Chevy Chase, Clinton, College Park, Columbia, Ellicott City, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glen Burnie, Greenbelt, Hagerstown, Hanover, Herndon, Hyattsville, Lanham, Laurel, Leonardtown, Mt. Airy, Olney, Poolesville, Potomac, Riverdale, Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Towson, Upper Marlboro, Waldorf, White Oak
Virginia: Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Ashburn, Chantilly, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Leesburg, Manassas, McLean, Reston, Roslyn, Springfield, Sterling, Tysons Corner, Vienna, Winchester, Woodbridge
and a Fire Pros representative
will contact you within 24 hours.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here