How Can I Maintain My Sprinkler System?
For Fire Protection Services in Grand Rapids, Call (800) 968-2871
The most important thing to do to keep your fire sprinkler in good shape is to have it inspected by a Fire Pros professional once a year.
Frequent fire sprinkler inspections will help catch any problems with your system so they don’t prevent it from operating properly in the future. In addition, fire sprinkler system maintenance will usually lower insurance premiums.
To learn more about commercial fire sprinkler services, call (800)968-2871.
Do’s & Don’ts of Fire Sprinkler Systems
In terms of specific do’s and don’ts when it comes to your fire sprinkler:
- Test your fire sprinkler system monthly by opening the test valve and listening for an alarm bell.
- Know the location of the fire sprinkler system shutoff valve.
- Make sure the fire sprinkler system control valve stays open.
- Have your system reevaluated routinely for needed upgrades.
- Leave the building and contact the fire department as soon as possible after the fire sprinklers go off, even if it looks like the fire has already been put out.
- Paint the sprinklers.
- Damage sprinklers (report any damage immediately).
- Hang objects from any part of the system.
- Obstruct or cover the sprinklers.
When Should Fire Sprinkler Inspections Be Scheduled?
Commercial fire sprinkler systems should undergo annual and monthly inspections. Because of this, it is very important that you work closely with a certified fire safety contractor that can satisfy all of these needs and one that can build a contract for testing requirements throughout the year.
At Fire Pros, we offer cost-effective and time-saving inspection contracts so that can we meet all of your inspection and testing needs conveniently and effectively, without you needing to track dates yourself. This keeps your business and clients safe and protected at all times, and ensures you remain within compliance of the NFPA 25 and local building codes.
Looking for fire protection services in the Grand Rapids area? Call (800)968-2871!
and a Fire Pros representative
will contact you within 24 hours.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here