Careers: Fire Alarm Technician
Fire Pros Fire Protection Services, LLC., has been an industry leader for fire protection services in the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC area for over 30 years. We are based in Rockville, MD and has an excellent team of nearly 100 employees who are responsible for the design, installation, and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, and kitchen hood/duct systems. We have an extensive customer base with over 10,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. Our company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation, and business acquisitions.
Join our team today—review the available positions below to get started!
About the Opportunity
Fire Pros Fire Protection Services, LLC. is currently seeking experienced Fire Alarm Technician with a minimum of 5 years experience and has a NICET 1, preferable a NICET II certificate. This position requires the ability to service, inspect and repair Fire Alarm systems for established customers on a scheduled basis.
- Testing and Inspecting fire alarm systems in commercial buildings
- Responding to service requests, diagnose system malfunctions of fire alarms and adjust, repair or replace equipment as needed to bring into compliance
- Fire Alarm System testing and inspection per NICET and local code standards
- Preparing accurate and timely service tickets and reports
- Minimum of a NICET 1, preferable a NICET II certification
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience
- Experience performing special hazard suppression system inspection and repair is preferred (FM200 and Halon)
- Functional knowledge to test and service the following fire alarms brands: Simplex, Notifier and Fire-Lite
- Valid Drivers License with 3 or less points
- Ability to be available on-call when scheduled
- Must be knowledgeable of hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc.
- Has excellent attendance and can handle responsibility
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 401K with a company match
- Medical and dental insurance
- Company paid Short and long term disability
- Company paid Life insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for health and dependent care
- Vacation and Personaltime
- Paid holidays
- Free Parking
- Tuition reimbursement
This is a full-time position.
To apply click the button below and email the form to [email protected]
(Please change the Subject of the email to “Alarm Technician”)
If you would prefer to print the application please mail to:
7668 Standish Place, Rockville, MD 20855
Please send resume, including salary history and salary requirements in Word Format along with completed application.
Posted 1/2018 Valid Through 9/2018
*Fire Pros Fire Protection Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation**, driving record validation** and Pre-employment drug screening** required. No phone calls please.
and a Fire Pros representative
will contact you within 24 hours.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here